Friday, August 1, 2008

Beach Bums!




I took a couple of days off this week, Colton and I had a great time. Wens. we took a road trip to visit my brother Craig in Omaha, went out to eat, and I even talked Craig into taking me to a scrapbooking store! Then Thursday, we took my Mom along with us to Yellowsmoke Park in Denison, and Colton had his first experience at a beach. I have to admit I was a little shocked at how brave he was. He walked in clear up to his and even tried to go under a couple of times, but hasn't figured out he has to close his mouth! We spent two hours at the beach splashing in the water and digging in the sand, and I think we all had a great time. Afterwards we stopped at Godfather's for their buffet and Colton was so tired he was eating with his head on the table, he would never go without food mind you no matter how tired he was. Then we were off to do a little shopping in Denison, afterwards Colton took a 3 hour nap!!! Then last night we picked Grandma back up along with Grandpa this time and headed out to the fair to watch the hog mud wrestling contest. Colton thought this was the funniest thing EVER! Kids jumping in the mud, pigs making all kinds of noise, and not to mention there were tractors everwhere! Wow it was a busy couple of days but well worth it!

No comments: